Thursday, March 20, 2008

Honey Mustard, Panko-Breaded Chicken Strips



I originally saw this recipe on Ham on the Street on Food Network, and instead of honey-mustard, the host used chili paste. I made this dish down in San Diego once while visiting my sis, and she tweaked it a little by bringing in the honey-mustard.

Teri and I tried that variation tonight, and now I'm proud to share it with you.

I was so proud, we even saved three strips for a fancy photo shoot after dinner. Teri was laughing the whole time I was taking pics of the chicken.

Here's what you'll need: panko bread crumbs, honey-mustard sauce, light mayonnaise, chicken breast tenders.

First pre-heat your oven to 375.

Mix the honey-mustard and mayo in a bowl.

Dip the chicken tenders in that honey-mustard/mayo mix.

Roll the chicken in the panko breading.

Place on a baking sheet and stick in the oven for about 35-40 minutes (or until golden-brown).

That's it!


3 comments:

Michelle R. Slape said...

Thanks for the props!

Good picture, too. Looks like something straight out of a Japanese Menu! :)

Oh and if you don't have honey mustard sauce, you can mix up honey with yellow mustard and make your own like I did.

The Eccles said...

Yum, I am going to try this tonight!

chris said...

Did you tell the strips to "smile"? I always want to tell a "thing" to smile, because I'm so used to saying "SMIIIILLLLLE!"

recipe looks delish!!!