Monday, April 14, 2008

Jessica's Pizza Dough

Ok, I'm not posting enough of my yummy recipes, but part of the reason is I don't have recipes for most of the things I make, I just "eyeball it." (Ask Chris...she's asked me for recipes before and it's never an exact science.)

This pizza dough has been in the making for 10 years as I've fiddled with it to make it perfect. I can't help with the sauce though, I've given up. It never tastes as good as the kind you buy, so I go with that (squeezable is easiest).

Make sure you have an hour to make this just right. I'll usually make double the recipe to have two pizzas (different toppings) or a side of breadsticks. One recipe will make either a thick medium pizza, or a thin/regular large pizza. ENJOY!

PIZZA DOUGH

1 cup Warm Water (105 degrees)
1 pkg Active Dry Yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp if you buy in bulk, like me)
1 tsp Sugar

Mix these three ingredients together and let sit for about five minutes until yeast begins to bubble.

Add:
2 Tbl Oil
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 cups Flour

Optional: (DO NOT ADD TO DOUGH)
Cornmeal (used to dust the pan after greasing. Gives the pizza that "pizza place" textured bottom.)

Mix well. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm spot. Punch down dough and roll directly onto greased pan (I use air bake cookies sheets and dust them with corn meal after greasing). Spread with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings and bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

1 comment:

The Eccles said...

Yum! Can I come over?