Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Apple "puff" pancake


Okay, so I don't know why it is called a pancake, the texture is nothing like a pancake. It is a yummy breakfast concoction, you can put syrup on it...I think it is great without!


6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 stick of butter(NOT Margarine)
2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced(I use a apple peeler/corer/slicer, it needs to be super thin, also you don't want to use a tart apple)
2-3 Tbsp brown sugar(I don't measure...I just sprinkle it all over, it is probably more)
1. Preheat oven to 425. In a blender, mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
2. Melt butter in a 9x13 pan in the oven.(I cut it up into chunks before putting into the pan)
3. Add apples to pan. Return to oven until butter sizzles. Do not let it brown.
4. Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples.
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
6. Bake in middle of oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.(It will be very puffy, but will go down as it cools.)
7. Serve immediately.
*makes 6-8 servings

No comments: