Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Huli Huli Chicken

Val's picture below brought me back to the islands. That picture was taken in Maui at Leilani's.

One of my favorite things to make for a luau is Huli Huli Chicken. It's delicious over rice with a side of macaroni salad. YUMMY!!!!!

Ingredients:

1 cup ketchup

1 cup soy sauce

1 cup brown sugar

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil

20 pieces of boneless, skinless thighs

Salt and pepper to taste


Mix together ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and oil. Set aside for 1 hour before using.

Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill to medium hot. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly brush pieces with sauce. Lightly oil grill. Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through, turning often, about 15-20 minutes. If sauce starts to burn, move chicken to indirect heat and allow it to cook more slowly.

1 comment:

Val said...

Yum-o! This is one of my faves!! I can't wait to have it again. I guess I can make it now. And AA can BBQ it for me since I don't know how to use my grill! Thanks for sharing!